Custom Search

Friday, April 8, 2011

Gunman in Brazil kills 12 schoolchildren before killing himself

Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff lamented the deaths of "defenseless children."

"It's not in the nature of our nation to have these types of crimes," she said.


A Religious Man? so his suicide note would have you believe,

"If possible I want to be buried next to my mother. A follower of God must visit my grave at least once. He must pray before my grave and ask God to forgive me for what I have done,"

I'm sure people will come to his grave and do more than pray.



The Detroit Free press
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- A gunman roamed the halls of a Rio de Janeiro elementary school Thursday and killed 12 children, lining them up against a wall and shooting them in the head at point-blank range as he shouted, "I'm going to kill you all!"

It was the worst school shooting in Brazil -- and would have been deadlier if the gunman had not been shot in the legs by a police officer, who said the man then fell down some stairs and shot himself in the head.

Rio de Janeiro state's Secretariat of Health and Civil Defense said in a statement on its Web site that at least 12 other students were injured and taken to hospitals. At least two were in grave condition.

No comments: